Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bleak Universe

Part IV

ST: You ARE? Er, that's odd.
ROGER: Yeah, I had to take it in order to get the "Illogically accurate" Strength. It means i can hit things even If i don't know they exist.
ST: Remind me to make any gun you get immediately explode.
ROGER: Ok... Wait- heeey.
ST: So... (in tv announcer voice) MEANWHILE, BACK UNDERGROUND...
KELLY:...
ST: Kelly?
KELLY: What?
ST: Someone grabbed your arm?
KELLY: THey DID? (looks down at her arm, which is free of hands grabbing it)
ST: A week ago.

(KELLY looks painfully confused.)
KELLY: But why would I care about that now?
ST: In the STORY? You know, after you guys had fallen into the pit and... anyone want to help me out here?
OSCAR: I wish we had popcorn. This is better than a movie.
RICK: I could go create some.
ST: Hey.
(Rick and Oscar look in ST's direction)
ST: SHADDUP.
KELLY: Ohhhhhhh. Right! Yea, I was just thinking about that, but i forgot!
(ST is just sitting there staring)
KELLY: Right, all in character and stuff, ok (deep breath)
KELLY: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

(KELLY screams at the top of her lungs. It is so high pitched that it seems to breach the upper octave range leaving the human auditory range at times. But when it is within perception, the room shakes)
KELLY: "Who has my hand, LET GOOOO!!"
OSCAR: SHIT!
ROGER: Damn! Please don't do that anymore.

(ST looks at Kyle with a questioning look)
KYLE: Whoa. OK. I'll let go of her hand I'll say "SHHHH. Sorry to frighten you, but I didn't want you to fall, there are some uneven parts in the dirt down here."
KELLY: "Oh. Ummm. Who are you?" I'll look at him, what does he look like?
ST: It's pitch black down there, you have no idea.
AARON: Well mate, you've given us quite a scare now haven't ya?"
KYLE: (to kelly) "Why does he talk like that"
KELLY: I'll shrug.
KYLE: "Well?"
KELLY: I SAID, I'll SH-oh right, dark. Um. "I don't know."
ST: You hear a voice from up up above. "Oy! Quit that racket, I know how to quiet you down but good i bet!" The dirt parts and you see light.
AARON: Awesome!
ST: You see Shmoidreck standing there, with that statue of a Lion nearby. He puts his stony hand on the statue and shouts: "StoneHand element: Waking the Lion of Zion!"
AARON: NOT awesome.
ST: THe Lion statue slowly turns from white into the yellowish hue of fur, and the color of life spreads through out. Then it lets out a ferocious ROOOAAAAR! and jumps off its pedastal, then down the hole, landind 10 yards in front of you. The ground abov eyou seals up once again. "You kids have fun playing now!"
AARON: "Bastard."
ST: A thin hole has been left in the ceiling above, and a shaft of light comes down, giving enough light so you can see the lion. It stalks toward you.
KELLY: "Eek! Lion!"
KYLE: "Both of you, get behind me."
AARON: "Wait a minute something isn't right about this, weren't you the guy who-
ST: The lion circles, moving toward you.
KYLE: I'll keep myself between it and the people behind me. "I was hoping to keep you all out of this. Why have you come here?
AARON: "We want to know what's going on mate. We found an address you left behind.
AARON: I'll pick ip a rock and huck it at the stone thing. "Take this!"
KELLY: OOh, good idea. I'll do that too. "Big meanie! Take this!"
ST: (sighs and rolls dice)No effect
KYLE: (to ST) Wait, are they behind me?
ST: (shrugs) didn't say they were.
KYLE: "What are you doing? THat isn't going to help! Get out of the way, get WELL behind me!"
KELLY and AARON: We'll get behind
(KELLY looks at AARON and giggles)
ST: The stone-lion stops a couple yard away and slinks down, as if getting ready to pounce.
KYLE: I'll wait for it, prep a double action. I'll check back, are they a good distance behind?
ST: Yes.
KYLE: Ok, good. Waiting.
ST: It pounces.
KYLE: Simple Maneuver 4, side-step. And then: "Hunger Sword Element: Devouring the Cage!"
OSCAR:Hey, you're vomits-freely!

______________________________________

Ok, so who's still reading?

Anonymous Phantom? Are you still with us?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he is, I'll beat him up.

You should give out extra exp. in Chicago if people read The Funny, Mitch. Nothing works like the good ol' carrot and stick.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home