Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Part 2 continued some more! (I'll finish it when im ready, damnit)

ROGER: Ok. What kind of noises do we hear?
ST: Scrabbling sounds coming from the wall, and mumbling you can't make out.
ROGER: Ok. I'll say "Yo, who's in there? Maybe we can help eachother out. I doubt you like this Mal guy either, seeing how you're in PRISON and all."
ST: Ok, you won't hear anything else other than the same for a few minutes. Figure out what you want to do next among yourselves. I have to do something else. (He takes out a cell phone.)
OSCAR: WHat do you have to do?
ST: (smiles) I'm going to contact your prisonmate, your next-cell neighbor. (He picks up a character sheet and gets up from behind the screen. He moves over to one corner of the room and takes out a cell phone)
KELLY: He IS? Why does he have a cell phone?
AARON: He's going to call him, I guess.
OSCAR: I'm bored (stretches out, putting his hands behind his head).
KELLY: Call him? On the cell phone?
OSCAR: No, he's going to call him with his hat.
KELLY: His hat? Is it like, a special hat-phone?
OSCAR: Yes.
RICK: Tedium always follows behind me.
OSCAR: I'll say.
RICK: (glares at him intently, a disturbing angry smile on his face)
ROGER: Just ignore him rick, damn.
KELLY: (she stands up and holds her hands out, palms open and outwards, in a "hold on" gesture)Ok, everyone just wait. Wait. Everyone. Listen to me for a second. I need someone to tell me something for sure.
ROGER: Yeah?
KELLY: Ok. Ok. Now- Is he (pointing to ST) or is he not, calling someone from our story right now? Because I was told that none of this was real.
(OSCAR and ROGER look at eachother and then laugh hysterically. Aaron chuckles but looks kind of disturbed. Rick begins laughing right when everyone else is petering out. His voice gets louder and he is guffawing crazily by the time everyone stops laughing.)
AARON: Dude...
KELLY: (pointing at RICK) STOPPPPITTT! Stopmakingfunofme!
ST: (coming back over, still on the cell phone)WHOA whoa. It's ok Kelly( she looks kinda close to tears) Relax. I'm just talking to Kyle, he couldn't actually be here tonight, so he's going to tell me what he does via cell phone.
(kelly sits down)
ROGER: Really? Damn. I wouldn't do that. That must cost like-
ST: Free nights/weekends.
ROGER: Ah.
ST: Ok give me one more sec everyone. (muttering into phone) Hunger Incarnation. Right. Hunger element 2, sword affinity. Yeah i got it. You remember what you have to do for that to maintain it? Ok good. If you're all set on your background and sheet then... ok great.
(Silence. Everyone leans in, straining to hear the conversation)
ST:(He looks up from his cell phone while he goes back to talking to everyone.)
ST: Ok people. We ready to (notices that they were all trying to listen in) Um, Wow. Don't you want ANY surprises?
KELLY: What's a hunger element?
OSCAR: Like you don't know, with that-
(AAron hits him in the face with a pillow)
ST: Right, well then. Ok. So you're all in the cell. You hear noises next door. What are you all going to do?
ROGER: I was talking. For the last 5 minutes apparently. I'll say "Hey, retard. What are you doing in there?"
ST: What? Oh, yea well-
ROGER: I SAID, "HEY RETARDS, WHAT-"
ST: Nono i heard you, its Kyle. Huh? Yeah ok. Sure, there are a few. Really? you're going to do that when it-Ok. Ok wow. Gross. Ok well i'll do it now, you can listen in.
ST: Ok, you're still not getting any response when
KELLY(standing up again, she points at OSCAR) HEY! I am NOT FAT.
OSCAR: ANd the last horse crosses the finish line.
(Bloody murder flashes in her eyes and she makes as if she's going to go rip out oscar's throat)
ST: (steps in front of her) OKAAYYYY then. Oscar, shut up. Kelly, relax. He only does it because you react like that. YOu aren't fat.
KELLY: Thank you.
ST: ANYWAY. As you all wait for a response, a half dozen cockroaches begin walking past your cell.
KELLY: Ewww gross, Cockroaches! I'll jump to the back of the cell. I'll say "Eww gross! Cockroaches!"
ST: Uh ok
ROGER: So?
(Rick perks up suddenly, from a deep reverie where he had his head down on his fists)
RICK: Cockroaches you say? VERY INTERESTING. (he grabs a rule book from the floor beside him and begins flipping through it furiously)
ROGER: It IS?
AARON: I'll go into the corner and comfort Titania.
KELLY: Who's that?
AARON: (looks down at her character sheet) You?
KELLY: Oh right. Awww THanks!
ST: So, anyone-
RICK: (stands up) Ok, Got it. Now, do these cockroaches have...(flips the page, then dictates from the book) "three purple dots, at the apex of the carapace")?
ST: (confused) Um, sure ok. Why not.
RICK: AHA! I will say "Orthopterous Lycanthropists! I know that you are in your insectile form, but hear me, we humbly request assistance!"
ROGER: Wait, WHAT? What did you just say?
RICK: I'll go up to the bars and whisper, so no one can hear me.
ST: Ok, so you're on your hands and knees, whispering to cockroaches.
RICK: Yes.
ST: (stifling a laugh) Ok, just, uh, just checking.
RICK: And so?
ST: Um, the.. cockroaches continue on.On second thought, they dont have those markings. I didn't know they were significant.
RICK: Oh.
ST: OK, the cockroaches continue on.
RICK: Ok, I shall watch where they travel.
ST: Then you see them disappear into the cell next to you.
RICK: Ok, I'll say "Friend next to me, watch out! For-
ST: You hear some awful noises suddenly.
ROGER: Yeah? Like what?
ST: It sounds someone eating something voraciously.
AARON: Uh, WOW.
KELLY:Huh? What does vora-
OSCAR: He's eating cockroaches.
KELLY: Eww!
ST: (on phone) Yeah, yeah you have enough now. Here I'll put you on speaker phone.
ST: Ok, you hear a voice come from the cell next to you. It says...
KYLE: (crackly voice from phone) "Hunger Sword Element: DEVOURING THE CAGE!"
ST: Then you hear a loud CLANG! LIke someone just hit the bars with something metallic.
ROGER: He has a SWORD in there? You'd think they'd take that from him.
ST: It's... complicated.
OSCAR: Did he really need to say the name of the power like that?
ST: NO, but we thought it'd be cool. Youdidn't think so?
OSCAR: No, no it was ok i guess.
ST: Ok, you all smell something. It smells like something metallic being vaporized.
ROGER: Hey, what's going on in there?
ST: OK, I'm rolling it now Kyle. 15 base, +10 for the sword, +20 for the effect of the... substance on the bars. That 20 will be per turn. (he rolls a whole LOT of die. Ok... 20 Victories. Not quite enough to get through but...
ST: (to everyone else) Ok pieces of the bars are falling off, you can hear them clanging ont he floor. You're starting to smell something else now it smells like... chemicals. Like at the pool or in a chem lab.
OSCAR: Wow rick. He kicked your ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home