Monday, October 24, 2005

Ok here we go. Part 2 of the exciting saga that is "Invisible Agenda". For all you readers out there, enjoy.

Well. I mean, here you go, nick.

_____________________________________________________________________

"Oh very clever. Ok fine, whatever. I'm probablly still dreaming, or woke up this morning and hit my head on the floor. But, what the heck. I'll play hide and go seek with you. God knows my life is boring enough anyway.."

Our hero finishes his modest denial of his adventure. Little did he know, that destiny had chosen him.

But before we can get to that, he continues to look under his bed, and knock suspiciously on parts of his walls, in a pointlessly paranoid manner.

"
Oh yeah, I'm paranoid. Of course. Listen, what kind of screwed up narrarator is audible to the "main character"? And just who are you talking to anyway?"

The audience of course.

"What audience?" Our hero says, pointlessly dragging on in a dull manner which indicates-

"
SHUT UP ALREADY!"

I communicate with the audience of the world, who will encounters this story, and be amazed that a simple country bumpkin could grow up to wield arcane power and save the-"

"
Save the world from rampaging mutant hamsters or whatever. Yeah i get it. But how are they going to 'encounter' this story anyway?"

I transmit to them telepathically.

"
Ok great. But could you maybe do that part silently?" Our hero asked, perhaps a little testily.

"Hello"

I am doing as you ask, great hero.

"Ok super, whatever. In fact do the whole thing silently. I like my delusions to be as unobtrusive as possible."

Our hero paused a few seconds,as if seeing whether the great voice of boundless wisdom had indeed left. Only grim silence greeted him. With a staisfied look on his face (but probablly secretly devastated on the inside) our hero proceeded to get out of bed, and dres shimself.

Just then, the Great Sword of Tarahedon called to him from the depths of his mind.

"What? Did you say ssomething crazy delusion?"

Hero, Great Hero!"

"
Yeah, what is it?" Our hero asked, clearly masking his great enthusiasm.

It is I, the great sword of Tareahedon!

"No, it is you, the great coat hanger of my room."

For lo and behold, our hero observed the voice to be coming from a lowly plastic coat hanger, that began to mysteriously move toward him across the floor. He did not yet have the hero-sight, and did not recognize the mighty sword.

"In fact, i take that back. You're jut that guy again. The great 'narrarator" pretending to be random objects from my room. And let's go a step further and say that you're some nut job, who somehow put a mic in my room, and is now screwing with me for no reason."

"Come and claim me, mighty hero!" The sword pleaded. "Come and claim your power, and for you I will accomplish mighty things!"

"Mighty things. Such as holding up my coats?" Our hero quipped, though he may grow to regret his callous treatment of the honorable sword.

Our hero shook his head, and began approaching the sword/coat hanger. He picked it up, and in a mocking voice he trumpeted:

"COME MIGHTY SWORD OF WHERE-THE-HELL-EVER. I HAVE GREAT FOES FOR YOU TO CONQUER, IN THE CLOSET...

OF DESPAIR! BEHOLD, YE VILLANOUS SPORTS JACKET, O FOR WHO ELSE WILL HOLD-"

At the height of his comic splendour, our hero slipped on a conveinitely placed pair of boxers in transit to the closet. He bumbled forward in a genuinely comic fashion, ans slammed his head against the closet door. He rubbed his head, and said something uncomely of a hero. Then he looked back at the door. He sat there in a stonishment for a moment. For the door was gone.

"What the hell?" was all our still-gosling hero could manage.

"BEHOLD!" the sword in his hand heralded. "Witness you not the power that I give to you? Your room of fine robes has been removed from the realm of sensory perception!"

"What? I mean- uh, i not... witness... it. Uh. Wait. You mean the closet door? Ar eyou saying it's... invisible?"

"When you wield me, my master, anything may be removed from the minds of yourself and others, by simply gracing it, with your heroic presence!"

"
Wait. Are you saying that the power the mighty coat hanger, errr..sword of kings or whatever grants me, is the power to make things invisible by banging into them with my head?"

"Indeed! Together we are unstoppable!"

"
I'm sorry. but you have got to be the lamest sword ever."








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Go Mitch! You possess the spark of comic genius (and I know that sounds like a fortune cookie message, but please don't add "in bed" to the end). Continue the adventures of Bothered By Narrator Man!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home