Sunday, October 16, 2005

Ok, here's the beginning of a random story taht experiments with form that i've been kicking around in my head for a while. I figure i'll get down at least a little of it today, in order to say that i did some kind of writing, at the least. I know, 4th wall violations are nothing new. But hey, who knows. That's why it's an experiment.

Italics will indicate things actually spoken aloud by narrarator.

_____________________________________________________________________

Invisible Agenda

By:



"Ughhhh, w- what?"Our hero says drunkenly, after waking up well past a reasonable hour in a most shameful fashion.

"
Drunkenly? What? Who are you?" Our hero was getting paranoid now, and begins looking wildly from left to right across the room.

"What? I have a gun under my bed, just for special occasions where people break into my room and narrate me." Clearly our hero had regained his senses enough to snap off witty comments, but yet not enough to recognize a narrator handling his story.

"A narrator? Ok funny guy, well if your a narrator where are you? Show yourself."

You know, if you keep addressing me, I can't get back to the story. And i cannot show myself, you cannot see me.

"
Invisible ay? Well where's your body? I'll put holes in that."

I have no body. I am the disembodied narraror voice.


"No body ay? Ha! Well fine then. Look at this, oh oh look what i'm doing, wow i'm using my body! Oh, wow! Bet you wish you could do this!"Having fully awakened from his stupor, our hero decides to cavort around the room, mocking the narrator, violating the fourth wall, and illuminating his deeply ingrained idiocy.

____________________________________________________________________


Hahaha. Oh man. Well I dunno. What do you think, dumb? Should i go on with it? I have some silly ideas.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By all means, keep going Mitch. And really, I mean by all means. Even if you have to hand-catch a hundred seahorses and grind them into a drinkable potion to do so, please continue.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home