Monday, August 24, 2009

Annoying Things my Copy editors do-

-Write paragraphs on corrections twice as large as the paragraph that I wrote.
-Use poor sentence structure to criticize my sentence structure- "Your use of the same word for two sentence in a row is unnecessary right, that's a bit redundant, correct?"
-Give me perfectly contradictory advice. I had two Copy Editors do that today. I swear it looks like they planned it out. One wrote "You don't need two steps for this, just write "Download and Install." So, I thought, "Oh OK" and I wrote "Download and Install" on my next assignment. The next copy editor writes a huge "HOW?" next to that step. So I growl and write it out in multiple steps again.

Repeat until sufficiently angry. It's too bad I don't work with them in person. I could have them duel it out to the death to decide who's right. That would be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home